Happy Vaisakhi to Everyone!!! This festival teaches us to worship our lands, our harvest and our life. Wonderful people celebrating small moments of life and giving thanks to Guru Govind Singh. Vaisakhi also known as Baishakhi is celebrated in Punjab and Haryana. Vaishakhi is a festival celebrated by Sikhs in the form of their famous dance bhangra.
Why is Vaisakhi Celebrated?
Vaisakhi is a festival of harvest which is celebrated every year on 13th or 14th April. This year it will be celebrated on 13th April, 2020. Our life is dependent on the food that we consume. Vaisakhi is one of the festivals celebrated as the harvest season. People pray and show their gratitude to God for providing good cultivation/Harvest. Vaisakhi is also celebrated as Punjabi New Year or Agricultural New year.
The harvest is the beginning of the new year as it would provide them with food and money. The survival of many families is based on agriculture. Rabi crops are harvested on this day and several other rituals are being followed to show their gratitude for the healthy crops.
Significance of Vaisakhi
- Vaisakhi is celebrated every year for giving respect to the harvest produced by the farmers. Punjab and Haryana are known for their abundance of produce and cultivation.
- Vaisakhi is celebrated as the harvesting season of Rabi crops such as wheat and barley.
- Vaisakhi also has its significance from the Jalliawala Bagh Massacre where thousands of people who died with the command of General Dyer. Men and women in this massacre are remembered and paid respect.
- Folk dance forms such as bhangra and gidda are performed with pubic gatherings.
- Khalsa Panth was founded by Guru Gobind Singh(10th Sikh Guru) on this day.
Happy Vaisakhi 2020
This year Vaisakhi will be celebrated on 13th April,2020 with folk dance and rituals. People visit Gurudwara on this day and pay respect to Guru Granth Sahib for her mercy on the harvest and their livelihood.
There is a tradition that on this day people get up early in the morning, freshen up, visit Gurudwara, pray for the happiness they has been provided by Guru Granth Saheb, cook delicious dishes and celebrate it with drums and dance.
Punjabi’s are famous for their dance form bhangra and gidda which has gained significance worldwide. They are known for their joyous, friendly nature and the way they celebrate their Vaisakhi Festival.
Vaisakhi is a festival of love and celebration in the Sikh dominated states of India. People from many states of India celebrate this festival of harvest and it develops a sense of responsibility towards the crops and land given by The Great God.
Question Clubs have discussed about the significance of Vaisakhi. Enjoy this festival with your family and pray to God for all the wellbeing in your life.
Happy Vaisakhi to Everyone!!!
Stay in a Festive mood with Question Clubs.
Connect with Question Clubs and check for more interesting answers:)